My Fantastic Ideas

Thursday, November 17, 2005

no. 6: omon ra

So I read this book a long time ago. It's called Omon Ra and it's about a fake space program in Russia, and it's really amazing. Anyway, always thought it would make a great movie or tv-show or play.



Today, reading Boing Boing, it seems like someone stole the idea (from the author, not from me). The post and linked story talk about a new British reality program called Space Cadets intent on convincing people they're going into space as part of a space cadet program using all sorts of crazy technology and a fake shuttle.

Anyways, someone should call Victor Pelevin and make sure he gets his money for this one... oddly, the full text is available online, but go buy the book anyway.

And I still think it would make a better movie than a reality show. I hope this doesn't spoil the concept.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home